Monday, 8 December 2008

Letter to Manchester PCT

To: XXXX Resources Utilisation Support Officer
Manchester NHS Primary Care Trust Wythenshawe Manchester M23 9LH

Dear Ms XXXX,

My GP, Dr ZZZZ has given me a copy of your letter dated 25 November 2008.

I was disappointed and upset by the PCT’s response and I wish to appeal against this decision, as I believe that the refusal may be unlawful.

Further, I am sure that your insistence that I should follow the PCT’s accepted pathway and the suggestion that I should start the process with a referral by my GP to Manchester Psychosexual Services are unlawful.

The legal environment for treatment and the policy framework of the NHS for transsexual people has moved on significantly. The Gender Recognition Act 2005 and the Mental Capacity Act 2004 are both relevant to the PCT’s accepted pathway and their requirements should be reviewed before a legal challenge is made.

Finally, the PCT’s accepted pathway appears to be discriminatory in breach of The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (Amendment) Regulations 2008 No 963.

Please advise me how I may formally appeal against the PCT’s decision.

Yours sincerely,

Maggie Fiona Fox

No comments: