Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Congestion Charge – No thank you

Well I cast my first vote in Manchester today against the congestion charge proposals. Yes I’m already on the electoral roll but I made sure I ticked the box not to reveal it to the mail marketers.

I’ve always had problems with grandiose schemes such as the one proposed.

Since the privatisation of the buses the term public transport just means mass transit but I think some people still think it means public owned and I simply don’t buy the concept of new Government investment fully benefiting the citizen when shareholders get a cut.

If the proposed investments are cost justified then the shareholder can fund them not the motorist.

I don’t drive anymore through choice but I object to anyone visiting me having to pay a charge and I can’t see a plus side to creating the world’s biggest charge zone for any one other than the revenue collectors.

I discussed it with the staff and customers at my hairdresser yesterday and no one supported the charge. A few weren’t going to bother to vote though so I gave them my women must always vote, people died to get us the vote speech. Seemed to go down OK LOL

Yesterday was my first snowy day in Manchester and I got caught out by thinking it’s sunny it’s not THAT cold but it was. I needed more layers. My flat is so warm and cosy that I forget the outside world may be in freeze your tits off mode.

Think I made a bit of progress today on some personal issues. We’ll do a new referral to Manchester Dental Hospital and it will be looked on favourably. I had my first positive conversation with people at Employment Support (evidently my records were at Hanley) and Manchester Housing Benefit.

Applied for NHS membership scheme at Manchester PCT I owe it to all transgender and transsexual people to do everything I can to stop current illegal practices. We simply cannot let the NHS think it’s above the law and treatment practices have to change as they are in breach of the Mental Capacity Act to say nothing of Sex Discrimination Act or Gender Recognition Act.

Lost my hot water supply to my taps yesterday evening due to a blockage in the pipe to the storage cylinder but after a sound resembling 100 toilets flushing at once it fixed itself. Unfortunately at 2:00 am from my sleep point of view.

Still as my friend and hairdresser says you must count your blessings and I do.

You know the world may seem a big place to some but the thought that both Joana and I sang "count your blessings" at Sunday School is a common memory between us. The only difference was she sang it in Ghana and I sang it in Wales!

For those of you who don’t share the inspiration of faith then here are the lyrics that inspired us both…

Lyrics for Count your Blessings Words by Johnson Oatman jr, 1897

Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done


When upon life's billows
You are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged
Thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you
What the Lord has done

Are you ever burdened
With a load of care
Does the cross seem heavy
You are called to bear
Count your many blessings
Every doubt will fly
And you will be singing
As the days go by


When you look at others
With their lands and gold
Think that Christ has promised
You His wealth untold
Count your many blessings
Money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven
Nor your home on high

So, amid the conflict
Whether great or small
Do not be discouraged
God is over all
Count your many blessings
Angels will attend
Help and comfort give you
To your journey's end


Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your blessings
See what God has done
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
Count your many blessings
See what God has done


This expresses what I mean…

My Blessing Meaning by Lila* Star

~ A Blessing is the gift of connection

~ A blessing is a thought focused on the divine oneness of all people, animals, nature, creation

~ A blessing is an intentional moment taken out in time to be aware of unison to create a symbol in art word, prayer or thought, representing that unison with another

~ To bestow a blessing is to offer another the opening or opportunity to experience my awareness of him/her and therefore my awareness of all that is ~ Oneness

~ A blessing bestowed - its aim is to connect the receiver in awareness with the divine all that is, God, Higher Self, source or whatever you wish to call it with the giver of the blessing being the instrument of connection

~ A blessing is unconditional, often a random act of kindness inspired by an impulse from within ~ Divine Play Divine Connection expressed and shared

~ A blessing can be an artwork, blessing poem or simply a thought, a silent moment of reverence, a phone call spoken with intention to bless, seeing what is usually unseen, taking a moment out of time to focus on divine connection with another

No comments: