Friday, 23 November 2007

It’s been a great day again...

Chris came for coffee and toast for lunch. Marmalade & Marmite yummy (not on same piece) though maybe next time - no let’s not go there LOL

Anyway she brought a CD she’d made of pics of her trip to Italy and the barn conversion she’s having done out there. The location is amazing in the national park mountains not that far from Rome. She & Paul are brave doing it by many people’s standards, but why not? The views are breathtaking and the village is cute. I’m sure it will all work out well for them.

Anyway after lunch Chris went off to have her hair done and I went to solicitor and did the statutory declaration that is needed for the Gender Recognition Act. The letter from the company arrived this morning so after checking everything I posted my application.

I had taken the precaution of getting authorised copies of the critical documents in case things get lost plus I did some copies of the easily replaced stuff. After doing the copies who should I see but Julian our town’s official gay. LOL

Actually that’s very unfair as he is nothing less than a Global Gay Warrior literally traveling the world in defence of Gay Rights. He’s always supported me and has encouraged me to get involved in LBGT movement. Anyway I had agreed to go to a LBGT forum some time ago so we swapped contact details again as I’d lost his.

We got into a long conversation so he bought me a drink at the town local. Now this is no ordinary pub this is the hard-core town pub dating back centuries. It’s the most dangerous venue for me; I’d never go there alone. I had a wry smile when he told me his family also went back centuries and that he was related to virtually everyone in the town. LOL

Made me think too in sense that the bigots are predominately newcomers. If the “old-school” is about to fully accept me then my fears of violence against me will diminish. I can’t see me staying around long enough to find out though as the abuse I get is always from people who knew me or of me before transition. Chris had made that point earlier too.

Anyway I enjoyed my drink in the inner sanctum of the town. I’m in such a good place at the moment that I can handle whatever the world throws at me. Chris thought "L" had already achieved wonders with me and she’s right.

The golden rule is drop negative thinkers from your world and make the things you really want happen…

No comments: