Wednesday, 21 November 2007

Blood on the strings from playing love songs for you…

Had a bit of a lazy cow day after the last two days travelling.

I damaged my left index finger last Thursday putting the wheelie bins out so I’ve not been able to play guitar for a week but I made up for it today playing along initially to Mel C, Kaiser Chiefs and Emma. Guess who I got those CDs from? LOL

Got my version of “Love’s not a competition” pretty good when oops too much flourish on the final chord & cut my finger. I tend to drag my plectrum finger as I hit strings. It makes for a nice sound. It happens naturally, it’s the way I play though someone told me ZZ Top’s guitarist spend ages perfecting it! LOL

And I broke a nail on my left hand! It’s a pain trying to have long nails and play guitar. I didn’t get that problem when I was at the food factory, as because of hygiene rules you had to keep them short. Still now I’m “retired” it’s grow and paint – love it!

Despite the “set backs” it was good to chill and relax doing what I like best. Good music and a guitar I don’t need a lot to keep me happy really.

I won't be the one to disappoint you anymore,
I know, I've said all this and that you've heard it all before.
The trick is getting you to think that all this was your idea.
And that this was everything you've ever wanted out of here.

Love's not a competition but I'm winning
At least I thought I was but there's no way of knowing.
You know what it's like when you're new to the game but I'm not,
I won't be the one to disappoint you,

I won't be the one to disappoint you anymore


Simple song but it means a lot really when I look at my life at the moment.

I feel incredibly good at the moment. I still have no idea where I’ll end up in my life but do any of us know that really? I don’t fear the real me anymore and I’m not running away from anything anymore.

That’s a huge achievement considering the dark places where I’ve been and there is one person who gave me the final missing piece of my life – she knows who she is.

Blood on the strings – that’s a small price to pay…

No comments: